Wednesday 23 December 2015

Vintage AV3P semi acoustic guitar

One guitar I had missing from my collection was an ES-335 style semi acoustic guitar. There were several that I had considered in the past such as the Epiphone dot, but I really wanted something with a bit more versatility than the standard twin humbucker model.

The Vintage AV3P has three P90 stacked humbuckers which have a control to roll between single coil and humbucker. You can also turn on the middle pickup using the push switch on the tone control to get many different sounds ranging from warm jazz to twangy telecaster. The Stratocaster single coil 'out of phase' sounds are also obtainable.

The AV3P has unfortunately been discontinued, but they occasionally come up for sale second hand. I managed to find a very nice example on Ebay, all it needed was a bit of truss rod, action and intonation adjustment to get it playing really well. I am very impressed with the quality of finish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment