Thursday 12 March 2015

OLP MM2 Bass guitar

Many years ago I went up to Denmark Street in London with a friend of mine who was looking for a decent, inexpensive bass guitar. After trying out several basses, we both agreed that the best bass for the money was a Musicman Stingray copy made by OLP. This bass was (and still is) very nice to play and sounds really good too.

I always thought I would like to get hold of one of these basses if the chance came along, but they were discontinued in 2009.

I was recently looking through the usual adverts and auction sites when I came across a 'B' stock OLP bass. The shop selling it was well known, so there was no risk involved in buying it.

When the bass arrived I could tell that it had indeed been kicking around the shop for a good few years, but that was a good thing as it proves that the bass is a genuine 'Official Licensed Product'. Considering the bass is probably around 6 or 7 years old, it is in excellent condition, it also has a serial number.

This particular example has a natural finish body which is possibly made of elm rather than the usual basswood, the neck is maple.








3 comments:

  1. I really like the natural finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the serial numbers located on an OLP bass?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The serial number on my particular bass is on the back of the headstock.

      Delete