Saturday 23 May 2015

Digitech Trio Band Creator




I came across this device while looking through a long list of effects pedals that were being released in 2015, and at first, thought it was an April fools joke. Could a guitar pedal really learn what you are playing and then provide you with bass and drums to play along with? Well this pedal does exactly that. 

I have found that a simple pattern played well works best, you can then play whatever you like once the bass and drums have got going. 

It's a great tool for jamming, learning and song writing. It has the added bonus of a headphone socket, so no need to annoy the neighbours late at night. There are 7 genres to choose from, each with 12 different styles which you can change on the fly, a tempo control, and level controls for the bass and drums. 

You can use an additional foot switch to change the parts and styles hands free, such as the Digitech FS3X. I went for a foot switch made by Vein-Tap as I prefer the way the switches are laid out. I would have built one myself, but by the time you buy all the bits there is not much difference in cost.

There is a whole lot more I could write about this pedal, but I am off for another jam session with my Trio.


No comments:

Post a Comment