Thursday 28 May 2015

TC Electronic Viscous Vibe


Quite a few vibe pedals have appeared on the market in the last couple of years and I have been quite tempted by a few of them. I am a big fan of TC Electronic pedals though, so when I saw some demo's of the Viscous Vibe on YouTube back in January, I pre-ordered one. Four months later and it has at last arrived.

The TC version is a digital representation of the original Shin-Ei Univibe, which may not be for the purists, but does have the advantage of being extremely quiet, reliable, true or buffered bypass, and of course has the additional Tone Print option.

A lot of people ask where a vibe pedal should go in the signal chain, I prefer to put it before the distortion pedals as it's a lot more subtle in that position.

I have only tried it at home so far, but am looking forward to giving it a go at volume in a hall.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/viscous-vibe

No comments:

Post a Comment