Friday 13 July 2012

TC Helicon VoiceTone pedals.

The TC-Helicon voicetone range of pedals are effects for vocals rather than guitar. If you are not a great singer but still try to help out with some vocals now and again, these could be the answer.

I am going to try out the D1 Doubling and Detune unit which basically thickens your voice. I have recorded my voice in the past and have always had to use double tracking for it to sound halfway decent. Hopefully this will do a similar job for live work.

I am also going to try out the H1 Intelligent harmony pedal. You can actually plug your guitar into this one and it will sense the guitar chords you are playing and pitch the harmony to suit, alternatively you can dial in a key manually. There are several different harmony options to choose from, so if you are a lone backing vocalist or a solo artist, I can see this being a great help.

The thing I like about these pedals is the simplicity of use, just like a guitar stomp box, a couple of tweaks and you get instant results.



No comments:

Post a Comment